tirsdag 1. august 2023

End of the week status, and Tyranid update

A week with the dogs and then another week without them has passed, and now I have collected the dogs again to have them with me for the comming week.
This week I have not been able to sit and work on my Valkyrie, but I haven't gotten hold of the missing piece either so I am in no hurry. I am quite sure I have one more Valkyrie so I can take the piece from that and finish the one I have started so I will do that in the not too distant future.
What I have been up to though, is building and priming all the Tyranids in the Leviathan boxed set. 
So when the dogs go to back to their second home I will start painting them up. I know most of my colorscheme now, but some of them will need another color added as they have either much bigger and probably tougher carapace than the small ones so it might need a slightly different color. Maybe I can do that with a heavier wash or by using a purple contrast paint isntead of my regular wash. I will see what I can do.Also one of the Tyranids has wings so I need to find a color to put between the "bones" on the "leather" of the wings. 

I am now looking forward to the release of more Tyranids from the new range ro make the splinter fleet grow. New creatufres as shown off, but also more of the ones I already have. One of the tings I'm looking forwar to the most is stangely enough the small ones like th one I used for my test model, as thy will come with many weapon options.

I have started to work on a backstory for the army and the story is that this is a splinter fleet from Hive Fleet Kraken. The Splinter Fleet is designate Sotha Tertius as it was the third splinter fleet discovered near the planet Sotha. They never fought there, but they were seen travelling to an unknown detination. Usually the forces of the Imperium would try to stop them, but they were too heavily involved trying to fight the two other splinter fleets in the area as they fought hard. This week I will keep on working on the back story and see if I can fill it out more. 


Ingen kommentarer: