lørdag 12. august 2023

End of week update

This end of week update comes a little earlier than usual, as I am going to my cabin to do some wotk there these next 3 days. And when I come back, my dogs will be with me again for the comming week.

It has not been many days since the last update, and I haven't been able to sit and paint as much as I have wanted becuse real life has gotten in the way a little. But that is the way it usually is, so that's perfectly normal. 

Still I feel I have been quite productive when I have been sitting down to paint. I have worked on the Neurotyrant and its two small Neuroloids. The Neuroloids only needs wash and drybrushing for the purple an Morghast Bone parts (no drybush on the brains), and then the bases needs a drybrush and the rims needs to be painted.
The Neurotyrant itself has gotten its upper carapace painted and also the brain and the brain stem. I had planned to work on the smaler beasts first, but I really wanted to see how the darkest of the purple carapaces would turn out, and with this one I got the chance to see the darkst beside the lightest as it has what appears to be two Neuroloids clinging to its body still.
The dark purple is called Xereus Purple, it is a little more red and not as dark as the Phonecian Purple I use for weapons, but it quite a lot darker than the Genestealer Purple that will be on the smaller beasts like the Termagants.

I have also painted up most of the Neurogants, all 10 or the reagular ones and the synopsis one with the sort of communications array in its back that the others are protecting fiercely. These are smaler than the Termagants, and they are painted in a lighter purple called Kakophoni Purple. This is also used for the Neuroloids and for the Ripper swarms. The Neurogaunts are missing the Volpus Pink for their softer parts and the Screaming Skull for their teeth and then they need a thin layer of wash an a drybrush. Then I need to make the bases and paint the rims. But before I go over them with the washes I want to make sure all the paint is dry and then look over them one last time to see if there are anywhere paint is missing or a color has ended up where it is not supposed to be. There are some quite small an fiddly areas to paint so I suspect this might be the case. If so I will fix that before I start with the washes.

I have also almost finished the two Ripper Swarms that came in the box, they are missing some details around their heads where I think I will need to use some more Morghast Bone and then I need to paint the teeth. Then they are ready for wash and drybrush too. I have made their bases already, but they need to be drybrushed and the rims needs to be painted.

I have gone over the big beasts an used Liquid Greenstuff in the visible cracks where the big bodyparts has been glued together, and all models that have eyes have gotten them painted with Imperial Fist Yellow. I figured I might as wel paint them first for once, as I usually need to clean up around the eyes if I paint them later in the process. So hopefully I can be careful enough when I paint the skin and capapace on the heads so that I don't need to repaint them. One reason for wanting to paint eyes fist is that I have white primer and yellow will pop more over "pure" white than if I paint it over Morghast Bone.

The next thing I need to do now is to figure out what colors to use on the symbiotic weapon hat is on the Barbgaunts. The "flesh"-part of the weapons will be painted Phonecian Purple but the weapons also have carapace armorplates and originally I thought I would paint that like the beasts that are stuck to the back of some of the other nids (like the Neurogaunts) but it seems like the Barbgaunts also has this same symbiotic beasts on their necks and it obviously is two different kind of creatures.

Ingen kommentarer: