onsdag 7. februar 2024

Been building more Cities of Sigmar

Since the last update I have finished building the final 3 models of the Freeguild Command Corps, so it is now 6 figures (5 persons and a Gryph hound or something like that).

I have also built Pontifex Zenestra - Matriarch of the Great Wheel. This is a slightly bigger moel mounted on a cavalry base. I have not glued it on to the base though, as I think it will be easier if I prime it and do some painting on the underside of the model before I glue it down. This model consist of two men carrying a throne between them with the Pontifex sitting facing forward and a skeleton facing backwards. 

The last thing I have built since the last update is my first unit of Freeguild Steelhelms. This is 10 figures.

I wanted to take some time to talk about the new Cities of Sigmar range, as the unit of Steelhelms are the first real unit I have built with the new figures. 
It strikes me that the old Empire models were easier to modify compared to the new ones. On the old models you had legs that you glued to the torso at the hips, these new models have a leg and the back in one piece, and grooves made to fit the front of the torso down in the groin area. I must admit I have not tried to modify too much on this first box, but I would like to do so in the future to make the units look different and I am a little worried that this will be a lot harder when you need to find a front piece that both fit the sides as well as the protection covering the groin. But hopefully this will be easier than I expect. Guess I will find that out some weeks from now, as I need to order another Steelhelm unit before I can try this. 

Next unit up will be a unit called Freeguild Fusiliers, and then the Freeguild Marshal and Relic Envoy.
The Fusiliers are the gunners of the Infantry, and they have "hand cannons" and big shields. 

Also I have noticed that in the new edition of the codex the units are 10 man strong, not 20 like it could be on the old rules. It seems like the unit size now is what you get in a box.
I have just gotten the codex, so I will try to read up on it and do some unit planning this weekend as I have my dogs this week so there will not be much building this weekend.

Ingen kommentarer: