mandag 1. september 2008

Status update

I don't have any new pictures at the moment, but thought I should add an update to the blog anyway.
I haven't been able to do as much as I had hoped this holliday, so I am not finished with the buildings yet. The small guard shack is completed, but it was only missing a few brushstrokes, so that's not much of an achievment...
The chapel is the next building that will be completed, the building itself is finished, and the large wall-mounted clock is glued in place. It turned out pretty nice, if I may say so myself.
What remains now is adding the statues (they are painted, but not glued to the wall), adding the angels on the roof (not completely painted yet), adding a plant up againt one wall (needs painting) and finally painting the symbols over the front door (I have to decide on a color here).

The watchtower is detailed and drybrushed since the last update, and the chimney is added to the structure. What remains are details on the stairs, some details that I have to add on to the walls of the top platform (a sword rack at least), and I have to decide if I want ornaments on the tower. At the moment I'm not sure where this would look natural, but I have an idea that I'm thinking of. If I decide to add them, they have to be painted first.

My Goblin Fanatics are glued to their bases, and the bases are primed and the gaps filled. I have also added the grass to them, so (if needed) I could take the fanatics to a game. But there won't be much of a game with one big boss with a pet squig and six fanatics, so I need to finish some more goblins soon...
I plan to add some detail to the bases in the near future, some pots, mushrooms and other goblin stuff is painted and ready to add. I also have two squigs that I might add, but they need to have their eyes and teeth painted first. I will see what bases I can fit them on, and if I don't find a base with the Fanatics I will add them to a separate base. I like squigs...
Thinking of modifying them a little bit since it looks like they have some very very heavy drool (looks like a waterfall from the teeth) or perhaps the idea is that they have very long teeth and an open mouth? I will probably cut a lot of it away, so that they look a little more intelligent (if squigs can look intelligent), but at least I can make them look a little less stupid.

Ingen kommentarer: