søndag 5. oktober 2008

The end of the weekend...

And so I sit here at the end of yet another weekend where I have spent some hours down in my workshop. This weekend I have been working on my first giant, my first core unit of goblins and Skarsnik & Gobbla. This is the status so far:

The giant is almost finished. I have added two shields to his shoulders, and painted up the sign that is a part of his large club. I have also decided on what extra equipent he will bring with him. In his belt he will have a barrel of the finest beer from the Emipre, and a medium sized cow. In the left hand he'll carry a cage with a hogtied dwarf slayer.
What is left to do now is glueing the cage together after painting the hair on the slayer another layer of fiery orange and then washing it with whatever wash comes to my mind. The club needs a drybrushing with vermin brown to create a feeling of wood, and after that it's just the base left before I can add a giant to my army. The base needs a little work as I plan to add some tall grass that has to be glued on with greenstuff or something similar, and I guess I'll add some arrows that has been fired at the giant without hitting him.

The first core unit of goblins is comming along slowly. The command group is as good as done, and the 35 regular troops are in different stages of almost finished.

Skarnsik & Gobbla are comming along nicely. The basic painting is done, but I need to do some detailing. Also since this set is of metal, some of the paint is peeling off again and I need to to some flicking here and there. But I know from the other metal minis I have painted, that this solves itself after they are coated with the protective coating.


Ingen kommentarer: