søndag 19. oktober 2008

weekend roundup

Another week has gone by, and I haven't been able to spend that much time at my workbench as I had hoped. But on the positive side, I have finished two out of three ongoing projects. But I have maneged to stove away the garden furniture, and cleaned up the attic (both things done along with my wife). Also I have played at an Oktoberfest (october party, like the ones they have in Bavaria).

The first core unit of goblins are still not done, I estimate three more sittings before they are finished. What is left is painting the rope belts and the leather straps that hold the blade of the spear to the wooden rod. This has to be done for 30 gobbos. Then I have to paint eyes and teeth on 30 to 35 gobbos, and then all 40 needs a final check and basing.

Skarsnik and Gobbla are as good as finished, only thing missing is to place the snotling pointing some fungus in front of the rock Skarsnik is standing on. I haven't decided 100% to add him, as the model looks really cool without him as well, but I'll finish the paintjob on him and compare. Pics will follow soon...

The first giant is completed, and based. The base is made so that I can use him both in my goblin army and my mortal chaos army (provided the new rules still allow this). Pics follows in another post really soon.

The next projects will be a dreadnought and some mortal chaos units. But I still have 40 goblins with spears and 40 with bows assembled, and 40 goblins with hand weapons and shileds in pieces on my desk, so I have plenty of goblins to build. Also I got word that my Goblin King is on his way at last...

I find it very nice to have the possibility not to always build the same stuff. And since I have several armies I like to get to the gaming tables, I find this helps me work a little on them all...

Ingen kommentarer: