onsdag 1. oktober 2008

Goblins and giants

Just a quick update on the progress of the Goblin army.
The core units have all gotten some more color, but I've found that I have to give all minis an extra checkup on completion as there seem to be some places where I manage to touch them with a color that should be somewhere else (if you catch my drift).
But the first core unit is comming along nicely, even though it takes a little more time than I first expected.

Skarsnik & Gobbla are also comming along. I have painted the inside of Gobbla's mouth and glued it all together. Yesterday I did all the greenstuff work on it, and there were quite a lot of gaps that needed filling. Hopefully I have done this so that it doesn't show when I have painted this big mean monster.
The minis are going to be on a metal base that is glued to the regular GW plastic base. I have started the painting on the metal base, but I think it will need some extra detailing to look realy nice, so I'm thinking something out now.
Skarsnik is at the moment still unassembled and unpainted, but I will add him once Gobbla is done.

The giant is comming along well. His body is finished, and yesterday I added his head. All that is left on the face is to paint his eyes and teeth, as all his face is dwarf flesh at the moment.
For his beard I went with Terracotta, as that seemed to be quite good for a red haired fellow.
His arms are attached to the torso, and they got the first stroke of dwarf flesh yesterday. I also started to paint his hands.
I have discovered that the base will need some work with greenstuff and some old brushes. I am thinking of adding some tall grass some places to make it look more real. If this works well, I will use the same tecnique on the base of Skarsnik & Gobbla and arround the pond for my chapel-grounds.
I will try to add a WIP pic of the giant later today...

Ingen kommentarer: