onsdag 12. januar 2011

just a quick update

I have started to experiement a little with the colour of the banner for my Shining ones. The usual Chaos banners (or at lest the ones I am used to seeing) is black, but since the unit itself stands out a lot from the regular chaos warriors I thought it would be nice to do something "new" with the banner as well. 
Creating a shiny banner of silver or gold is not something I think would fit the fluff, as I don't think the chaos warriors have tailors that make fine quality banners for them from exotic fabrics. Instead I am now trying to see how it will look with a banner painted Kommando Khaki. By itself it looks quite ok, but I plan on painting the chaos symbol this weekend. This will be done in gold as with the other banners. Hopefully this will still stand out, at least if I use some washes both on the khaki and on the gold. If not, it's back to black... 
I will also do a small experiment with colours for the wash of the Mithril silver armour of the warriors. The two warrirors that are 100% finished looks like they come straight from a convenient-store, and even though the warriors have an interest in keeping their armour shiny, they should have a little shading. Iwill try to paint two spare parts with Mithril silver and wash one part blue and one part Badab Black, and see what looks best. The idea is to keep them shiny while still getting some shades on to them.

Ingen kommentarer: