mandag 17. januar 2011

new week again

As yet another weekend have passed, once again I have failed miserably when it comes to my painting.
Only thing I can truly say that I have achieved this weekend is that I have decided on the colour of the banner for my unit of chaos warriors known as "The Shining". The unit will be *drumroll* Kommando Khaki. This will be washed gently with Devlan mud. The golden symbol will be washed with Sepia as I do with almost all gold details I paint.

I have also arranged for my dad to get me a large cardboard box (he works in a store and get a lot of supplies in cardboard boxes) that I can use for a simple indoor paintstation. I have spoken of my mobile paintstation (the coca-cola cardboard box) before, but this will be for priming large models (and small models if I should decide to start priming them too).
I have a plan to start working on my Temple of Skulls this winter, and to make sure it is nicely primed I think it will be good to prime it indoors in a controlled temperature. I even found the perfect location (at least until I finally get around to paint the rest of my basement). I will need to find out some arrangement for making sure the very fine paint particles doesn't go all over, but I've got an idea for how I will do that also, and then we'll see if it is a good one after I've primed my first model this way. This can also serve as a station to coat the finished miniatures, as I haven't coated anything except my first 15 Chaos Warriors and a few test miniatures.

The Sisters of Battle will get a few reinforcements in the comming weeks, as I won a couple of auctions on Ebay. Won't be that many, but at least they might be spotted in a battle scenario fighting alongside the Imperial Guard and the Space Marines.

And speaking of Space Marines, I have once again started to doubt myself when it comes to company markings. It's stupid I know, but it's better to have doubts when 18 minis have gotten the new symbol compared to when all painted minis have it.
As of now the symbol is a black # on white background and between the company colours and the markings of the 1st Company there is a thin black line. I sort of liked the white shoulderguards, but I see that the # is impossible to get to look the same for all guards. So now I'm looking for other solutions.
I have a few general ideas, but nothing close to a desition yet. Hopefully I can find a symbol that stands well both in appearance and with the name Gatekeepers as I would like to keep that name for the army.
I'm thinking it must be a very simple symbol, as my freehand painting really sucks. Still it must be something that stands out as a little unique, still also easy to paint exactly the same for all shoulderguards. Updates will surely follow on this...

Ingen kommentarer: