torsdag 18. september 2014

got some more painting done

I just had to write a blogpost to say how much I love painting with Warplock Bronze. It is by far the best metallic paint in the Games Workshop paintrange in my humble opinion.

Yesterday I sat down for a quick paintsession and painted up my Space Marine statue from the Honored Imperium set.
The entire statue is now painted Warplock Bronze, and then I will use one of the special paints to make it look old and weathered. I just need to look at other bronze pictures to get some idea as to what areas I shall paint. I used a standard brush for the job I've done so far, and will use a fine detail brush for the effects.

I also painted some Warplock Bronze on my Imperial Bunker. My plan is to have the sheet metal painted like metal, this is done now and I am very happy with the way it turned out. I used just a little paint and tilted the brush sideways to just gently drag the paint over the surfaces so that I didn't ruin the fine pattern on it. I also painted the wings on the skull on the front of the bunker in the same colour. Then I painted the laurel and scull Warplock Bronze, and I will paint all metal girders and perhaps some details on the doors the same way. The wall sections will be painted dark gray, but I have not decided what gray tone to use yet. I need to check what the darkest base color gray is, if that is the Mechanicus gray then I will probably have to drybrush the walls with a layer color.

I will use the drybrushing on the building walls, but my thought was that the bunkers were made of another material, as they clearly hold out against the enemy bombardments while all the city buildings have sufferd various staged of battle damage.


Ingen kommentarer: