tirsdag 16. september 2014

Skyshield conversion

Don't have any picures yet, as this project is only on the planning stage.
I have got my hands on a Skyshild landingpad that's missing the legs, so I have decided to make it in to a building with a landingpad on the roof.
So far I am thinking of making a building with Manufactorum wall segments around the edges, and then I will make the building a little higher on one side, so that I get a door to the landingpad.

I will also build a regular landingpad, with the feet, to stand outside of the town I will build. This will have an Aegis defenceline at the base. The defenceline will not be glued together, so I can use it elsewhere if I don't put the landingpad on the table.

I have decided on the paintscheme for the buildings and stonework. I have bought two gray paints for this, everything will get the darkest gray and then some areas will be highlighted with the lighter one. I will also see if I need to use some wash in between the layers, but this will need a little bit of testing.

For the metallics I will use regular metallic on things like stretch metal, and then do some of the more detailed metalworks like lamps and some girders in copper.
One of the Games Workshop staffers had done a two tone paint on his bunker for Armies on Parade, and it gave the building a little bit more life, but he had used a light copper or gold tone, but I would like to use the same dark copper tone as I use on the Aquila on the Shrine of the Aquila.
I think this dark colour looks good, and it is a huge plus for me that it is a base colour as I work best with those. As of now it is too dark, but I feel it will be a lot better when the black wall panels get some gray drybrush on them.
I will try and get some pictures of this when the weekend comes, as I plan to get some scenery painting done then. Hopefully both before and after pics of the drybrushing.


Ingen kommentarer: