mandag 22. september 2014

Another week, another update...

So we see the end of yet another week (or as this is written the beginning of the next), and I thought I should put in an update to sum up what has been done.

I have just one tiny detail left to paint on the three chaos Space Marines, and that is the tubes on their backpack. After that it is just a quick wash and basework before they are ready for the gameboard. Just have to figure out what wash to use as I have both dark green and silver to wash.

I have finished painting two of the five Chaos cultists, and the remaining three have one or two sessions on them to be finished before washing and basing.

The two Meganobz and my Big Mek is almost done. They are missing a few small details on their back, and the BigMek is also missing a few tubes on his teleport-thingy.
The Big Mek is already based, but the Meganobz and the Grot oiler still needs some basework. All models also need a thin layer of wash.

I have gotten a lot more painting done on the "snap-tite" Orks, and the only thing missing on them is getting their heads and the hilts of their weapons painted. Then they will get a little harder wash than the Meganobz, and then basework.

The bikers are comming along nicely. All three bikers now have their bodies attached to the bikes, and the arm holding the handlebar is positioned just right. It was not as hard as I feared before I started, but it was a little clumsy to get the body in a good position on the bike.
One biker has also gotten the arm with the weapon attached.
I got a tip from Mike at Games Workshop in Oslo on how to paint bones, and I used those colours he recommended on the skull motif on one of the bikers, and it looks really cool.
The bikes are mostly done, but I can't attach the exhaust pipes before I have painted up and glued the weapons on. The weapons will be done in two sessions (one if I make it a long one) and they can be glued on the minute they are done.
There are also some bumper-thing that is supposed to go in front of the front wheels on the bikes, and they will also be ready with two sessions (or one long).
All three bikers are still missing their heads, and I will probably need the same ammount of sessions for them. I have done a test, and found out that the heads can be added after everything is done if I wish to do so. I will also need to finish the big axe for the leader and the shaft of the pipe another biker uses as a weapon.

I have almost finished building the modified Deathknell Watch tower. It ended up slightly different then I had planned, but I think it looks good still. The ladder that was in the set was too short, because I had to move the tallest platform a bit higher than I had planned. So I ended up using a ladder from a Manifacorum building from 40K. I have done some modifications on it to make it look less space-age. I will paint it up as a wooden ladder with metal in the steps, and I think it will wotk fine in the end.Also I used the stairs from my Imperial Bunker to make two small stone stpes from the platform and up to the door on the upper tower.
What is left now is to blind off the doors leading to nowhere, and to do so I need to use some greenstuff to get rid of a lot of small sculls on the pieces designed for this. I got the greenstuff Saturday, so hopefully this won't take long.

I have also done a lot of painting on my first Imperial Bunker for my 40K world, but this will take quite a while to finish as there are lots of small details in the form of Imperial equipment and bodyparts in front of the bunker walls that will take some time to paint up. But I have painted the sculls and bones with the same colours as was recommended for me, and I am sure this will look really good when the bunker is fully painted.
I ended up painting the bunker walls with a colour called Skavenblight Dinge. It is a little lighter than I expected, but still it looks nice. I was expecting a dark gray or "light black" from the picture on the Games Workshop webpage, but it was more of a blueish gray really. I will drybrush this on to the big buildings, and paint all the fortifications with it.
Except from the small details there are only a little bit of work (one session) left to paint the bunker doors, some panels and the details on the metal girders.
Then I think it will be at least two sessions with wash, to get this done properly.

Ingen kommentarer: