mandag 24. november 2014

update week 47

This week I have finished painting the leather on the batch of Orks. I have also started to paint all the metal parts. So far I have painted all the choppas, and next time I plan to do horns (some are done already), belt buckles and the shootas.
Then I will use the yellow and reds on armourplates attached to their bodies.

The Chaos Terminators have gotten some progress. All the silver details are painted on the torsos.
I still have to paint the details on their arms, but I wanted to get some other things done on there first.
I have painted the horns, and glued on all the heads. What remains with the horns are a few tips that I will paint in silver. The box art has these parts painted in gold, but I think silver will be more in the right style for my troops. Would be weird to have the tips of the horns as the only thing in gold, except from their ammunition.

I coudn't keep my hands away from assembling yet another kit, so I started on a Command Squad for my Imperial Guard army. 
The formal name for this army is Militarum Tempestus (that's what their codex says), but they serve as the elite forces of the Astra Militatum. But I am so old I simply call them all for Imperial Guard. 
The Militarum Tempestus is, at least in my opinion, just new figures to replace the old metal Storm trooper figures that was on sale before.
Their codex shows that they often fight alongside Space Marines or Inquisition forces. My force will be split into two different teams. One wearing berets and no respirators, and one unit with full protection gear.
I started with the Scions Command Squad, with a Tempestor Prime, a standard bearer, a medic, a vox operator and a heavy weapon expert armed with a big plastma gun. They are all without respirators and wearing red berets. The Tempestor Prime is wearting a leather greatcoat over his shoulders, and this has given me the chance to practice painting fine details, and so far I am quite happy with the way it has tuned out.

Here is a picture of the chaotic worktable at the moment,. This is taken just as I was finishing up work yesterday. The greatcoat is in front to the left in the picture.


Ingen kommentarer: