søndag 9. november 2008

Devastator

This is the second Devastator I have made, it is also my first "conversion".
I bought this one on Ebay, and in his left hand he was holding a combat knife. The knife was broken, and instead of using a lot of time trying to fix it and risk it breaking off again in the future, I cut off his hand and replaced it with a hand holding a bolter since that is the standard weapon of the SpaceMarines. Because of the ornaments on his feet and on the left shoulderpad, I decided this soldier would have to be a veteran. So he is the first member of my 1st Company.
The model has been standing painted on my shelf for a long time, waiting to get the Ultramarines and company markings done. I have done this for my Dreadnought (went very well) my two Devastators (not so well) and 8 of my scouts (not well at all). I used to be pretty good in placing decals on miniatures, as I've done plenty of this for my 1:35 minis. But getting it to bite on curved shoulderguards proved a challenge, specially when I also had to tilt the markings according to the angle of the shoulderguards.
The Ultramarines insignia could be better, but the Devastator insignia turned out just as planned.

I used the following colorsceme for this veteran:
Main body color: Ultramarines Blue
Lower part of the legs: Midnight Blue
Cannon and most metal parts are Boltgun Metal
The ornamental pieces on his legs are painted Chainmail
The belt buckle and the eagle on the chestplate are as always painted Shining Gold
Helmet, company colors and the "nametag" on the left shoulderguard are all Scull White
The boltgun is Scab Red
The "exhaust pipe" on the backpack and some weapon parts are Chaos Black
The leather pouches are painted Vermin Brown.

Here are two more shots from other angles:

Ingen kommentarer: