onsdag 5. november 2008

What's going on?

It has been some slow weeks in the workshop, but still something has been done.
The first core unit of goblins is slowly getting closer to the finish line. Two more operations needs to be done, I need to go over and check the paint so that all areas are covered and no area is tainted with another color, and then there is the process of doing the bases. As for all of the other Goblin units I will use a mix of grass on their bases, but I will try to experiement a little, to see if I can make them look a little more alive than they will look with all grass bases.

After the first core unit is done I will keep working on my 2nd unit, they will be armed with hand weapons and shields and will also include three netters. Apart from the base I have finished my first demo netter, and found how to make him look as good as possible.
The unit is spread out over the worktable, and I think I will do them little by little along with the Chaos army and my Space Marines.
When making such a large army as the goblin army will have to be, I think it is important to try to make some variations, and with the netters, one of them is trying to catch a renegade baby squig. The squig was really from the fanatics sprue, but I felt it could look nice with the netters instead.

The Chaos army is going to get some work next. My 15 warriors are looking forward to some more company. I think the next units on the table will be chaos knights, and some chosen warriors. I have 10 of each, and look forward to working on them. I will have to see what to do with the knights, as 5 of them are the old type and 5 are the new plastic knights. The new knights have much larger mounts, so that gives me a slight problem putting them together as one hard hitting unit. But I guess the old knights come from the mountains where they have a lot of wind and that might be the reason that the horses are small but very tough.
I also have at least 3 boxes of warriors to assemble, and I plan to make these warrior units a little different but still in the same style so that they are clearly one army.

As for my Space Marines army, the 2nd Ultras, Scout sergeant Telion is one of the models that soon will be assembled. I will have to decide if it will be Telion on loan from the Ultramarines (will require that I paint him as a regular Ultramarine) or if it will be another senior scout sergeant. At the moment I am leaning towards the second option, while still using him as Telion in regards to the rules.
Also I will start to work on my first (and at the moment only) venerable dreadnaught.
I have been working on a regular dreadnought for a little while, and it is almost completed. I just need to check the paintjob and add the markings. I plan to do this during the weekend.
The base is not the regular black gravel, but instead Codex Gray washed with Devlan mud and Badab Black with some Seraphim on there as well.
I also hope to add markings to a lot of my scout units this weekend, as they are ready to receive the final layer of protective coating as soon as this is done. When I start "playing around" with water and decals, I might as well do the job on as many troops as possible.
Pictures of the Space Marines units will follow as soon as they are done.

Ingen kommentarer: