søndag 29. mai 2011

R.I.P. Metal - welcome Resin

Yesterday Games Workshop retired all metal miniatures, and they can now only be found second hand.
As of yesterday the minis that are not cast in plastic will be cast in resin.
I was quite sceptic to this originally, as I have had more problems with the few Forgeworld resin models I have then with my metal minis, but I am now a bit more optimistic.
The new Citadel Finecast series is more flexible resin than the Forgeworld stuff, and is said to glue great with GW Superglue. I saw a lot of kids doing this in the store yesterday, and if they can do it so can I! The question will be how long they stay glued together, but I am quite sure that they will stay together for a long time if treated right.
The great advantage with resin is weight, as large metal minis tend to be rather heavy and gets some wear and tear just from that.

I came home with a Dwarf Gyrocopter that will be assembled when I return to my dwarfs later this year. I look forward to working with this, as it has been said that the metal edition of this set required quite a lot of work to get presentable. It is also said that it is not so with the resin kit.

An Imperial Guard Lord Commissar was also one of the models that made his way to the house. The details on him is amazing, and here one can truly see how resin can have an advantage over plastic and metal. Hope I can do him justice when I paint him up later in the year.

The last Finecast mini I brought home yesterday was a Space Marine Apothecary in Terminator Armour. This will probably be the first of the Finecast minis that I work on, as I am currently working hard on lots of Space Marines. The Apothercary had the coolest weapon option I have seen on any mini so far, a combi stormbolter/melta that was combined beside each other. This will definitely be the chosen weapon alongside his librarian staff.



Ingen kommentarer: