torsdag 28. juli 2011

Painting the Baneblade

I have given the painting of the Baneblade a lot of thought.
Earlier I have mentioned that I plan to paint the main body of the tank dark gray (Adeptus Battle Gray) and all towers and the underside black (Chaos Black). I have re-thought this after assembling the tank.
The entire tank, turrets and all, will be dark gray, then a lot of the details that stick out from the tank will be painted black. Typical things that will be black is the viewports and tracks protection.
All Aquila symbols will be painted Chainmail or Mithril silver to make it stand out from the dark gray. I know that this is painted white on a lot of miniatures, but I don't like using white paint more than I have to as I feel I don't get it to cover as much as I would like without using several layers of paint. This in turn makes the details more shady, and if there is something I would like to stand out instead of being shaded it is the details.
The tank commander and the gunner will have black or Sky blue uniforms. I will have to give that a little more thought before I decide. I have decided that my air cavalry units will have the blue uniforms, and doing the same for the tank crew would help making the impression of a coherent force more obvious.
Still I have a feeling that the commander of Baneblade 01 would look dashing in a black uniform coat, but on the other hand it might make him look a little too much like a Commisar, and that is not something I would like either as I don't want to explain the difference to everyone seeing my complete army on the battlefield.

For Baneblade 02 I will use the minis that comes with the tank to operate it from the turret. BaneBlade 01 will have the before mentioned metal commander and a gunner from the boxed set (perhaps with a headswap). The Shadowsword that will accompany the Baneblades will either have a commander from the box or a commander I bought off Ebay a while back.

I plan on starting the painting this afternoon, and hope to have it done by the end of the weekend. Pictures of the Baneblade will follow when the paint is completely dry.

Ingen kommentarer: