søndag 24. juli 2011

Super Heavy rolling in...

My wife was going to compete in a food competition in Stavanger for amateur chefs this weekend, so my plan was to start Friday afternoon and keep working on it all through the weekend.
But then something happened...
At 15:26 a carbomb exploded in front of some of the government buildings in Oslo. This was Norways first taste of "international" terrorism. We had a war here from 1940-1945 but after that Norway has been a peaceful part of the world. And just a couple hours later, a desperado started shooting at a political youth camp and killed more than 80 people and wounded about 70. So Instead of building my super heavy I watched the news. Turns out a Norwegian man aged 32 is behind both attacks, and he got arrested Friday night.
Saturday I spent several hours helping my widowed uncle move out of his home and in to a smaller place.
But today I finally managed to start on my first super heavy.

Many people complain that the drive sprockets on the tank are very wobbly and because of this hard to fit nicely to the tank. I didn't find that to be a problem at all, but I had a little problem with one track on each side on the front.
Apart from that it seems like a nice enough assembly really. As usual the building instructions is rotten, but that is a known problem with all Games Workshop miniatures that demand assembly above gluing arms and heads to bodies. still, this is not the worst I have been working with.
The model itself is a real beauty.

More will follow when more work has been done.

Ingen kommentarer: