søndag 25. mars 2012

The end of yet another week

I was hoping to say that I have finished the Ogres, but sadly I still need a day or two. Lots of details on these fellows. Need 3 colors on the kegs alone, and I need to apply each color two times as the kegs need to rest on one side to dry. Same thing with knives and butcher axes. Still, even if I have some details to paint yet, it is nice to see the progress. I managed to find what I think is a good mix of equipment to help give each Ogre a little personality.
It just hit me that I have one more detail to fix up, and that is the teeth of the ogres. I have to find a good color to use on them, and i figure I could use the same color on the big scull for the banner. I just have to find something white-ish, but not scull white as I figure they don't have perfect teeth.
I'll have a look in my paint collection tomorrow and see what I can find.

While looking around for some other pieces today I found a small plastic lid lined up with half painted Spacemarines. This means I will have to finish them one of these days. Among other things are some Close Combat Terminators. Guess I can take them among my Imperial Guard heavy weapon squad, but time will show. For the Imperial Guard heavy weapon squad I will try to personalize the bases on most of them with sandbags and other things that might come in handy. This will also be a golden chance for me to try out the 40K basing set, as I might find something there to add to the large bases.

Ingen kommentarer: