lørdag 24. mai 2014

Bullgryns

I have started adding to my Imperial Guard army, or Astra Militarium as that army is called now. And first out is a pack of 3 Bullgryns.
A Bullgryn is basically an Ogryn with other armour and weaponry, but apart from that they seem to be identical. And Ogryns are really just the 40K version of Ogres.
So I decided to try to do some headswapping with Ogres. The first Ogre box I found was a box of Leadbelchers, and that kit includes a lot of great heads for this kind of swapping, while still leaving enough great heads to build the Leadbelcher unit.

The Bullgryn box can make 3 Bullgryns, and as I needed one Bone 'ead (the Bullgryn Sargeant) I only needed two heads as the Bone 'ead has implants in his head. The Bullgryn box also comes with one bearded head, so in the end I only took one head from the Leadbelcher kit. But for my next Bullgryns I will need to steal 3 Leadbelcher heads to make them unique.

One of the things I like with Warhammer Fantasy Ogres is that they have so many cool heads, and I don't really need to use the dull bald heads. But these heads might look good on regular 40K Orgyns.

The three Bullgryns I have made now are armed with Grenadier gauntlets and Slabshiels, and I plan to make several more like them, as they are the models that I like the most from the Ogryn/Bullgryn range. These models can be used for several roles on the battlefield. Two of these roles being linebreakers or line holders, and I think that these roles fit Ogryns well as they seem to be too stupid to be scared. These models will all have heads with facial hair of some sorts.
Then I will make some Bullgryns (thinking of a unit of 5 as 2 is too little for a full unit) with battle mauls and suppression shields. The last mini of the box(es) of 3 will be used as the character Nork Deddog who will be the personal bodyguard for one of my army commanders. The Bullgryns with battle mauls will have heads with gasmasks.

I will also make regular Ogryns with ripperguns, and I will try to use bald heads to make them stand out from the Bullgryns.

I am not sure if I can use Orgyns and Bullgryns as part of the same units, but they might be from the same company and that company will have one or two Commisars. One of them will be the one newly released from Games Workshop, as he looks really mean. He will be a character and get a back story in the fluff.

Ingen kommentarer: