søndag 12. oktober 2014

Bikers are now fully assembled

I have finally finished the Ork bikers. There are a few small pieces to paint still (like the handlebars on the side where the original ones were cut off and replaced with the ones attached to the arms), and a few other minor details here and there that I noticed I had forgotten to paint earlier.
Getting the heads to fit was a bit more problematc than I had thought, but I think I managed to get them attached in an ok way. If I didn't it still is ok, as Ork anatomy differs some from human anatomy. I can always play that card...
Pics of the unit and of the trukk will come when I have painted the little things missing on the bikes.

I have also finished buildng the specially made Skyshield Landing Pad. I need to go over the model and see if I need to use some liquid greenstuff. I think I got the biggest gaps with regular greenstuff while fixing the huge gap I had to cut in the landingpad to fit the second floor of the tower to the rest of the structure. I had to put in a plastic slab made from a pole from the Manifactorum set, and then fill the rest with Green Stuff. Think it will look good when I get it painted, but right now it looks a little weird. I have taken some pics and I'll put them in a post of their own right after this post is out.

I also used regular green stuff on the "windows" of my modified Fantasy tower, to get rid of the huge ammount of sculls. But looking at how things turned out, I have decided to just leave them as is when I buld the tower out of the box. From a seller on Ebay I replaced the parts I had to take from my second box to create the modified tower, so I will build one tower that looks like the box art.
Then it comes to painting fantasy towers, I saw some pretty amazing pics of how another miniature builder had ddone it, and I will see if I can do something similar. I won't copy him, but I will use his pictures as inspiration when I plan the way I want to do it. One of the things I really liked, was that he had the stone stairs in a different colour than the tower itself, giving the impression that the tower was built from rocks transported from somewhere, while the stairs was just carved out from the rock the tower was set upon.

I managed to assemble two Imperial Bunkers from the Wall of Martyrs series, so I now have three bunkers assembled. The first one is partially painted, but I'm missing the details on the dead troopers and their equipment lining the walls. Since this is very detailed, it will take some time to complete, but it is important to paint it up in original colours before I dull it down and make it look old and weathered with washes.

I also assembled and glued together (what little needed to be glued) one of my Imperial defence emplacements. It has three defensive positions, each perfect for one heavy weapon team, and two end pieces. I plan to keep it all separate so that I can assemble the trenches and place the bunkers and weapon systems excactly where I want when I want to play a game or just display it.
Also this makes transportaion a lot easier as the items can be packed more easily in to transport containers.


Ingen kommentarer: