lørdag 25. oktober 2014

Greenstuff class completed

I was attending a greenstuff class today at Games Workshop in Oslo. It was really interesting, and I learned a lot. The idea was to take a chaos character and change him more or less completely.

Our teeacher was the Greenstuff Wizard known as Mats, and he shared from his great wisdom.
We were 4 people around the table, and that made it easy to get both the instructions and personal hints to learn the best way possible.
We started out at 11 a.m. with this, a Nurgle Chaos Lord


The first thing we did was de-nurgling the Lord by removing the head, the spikes and taking the axe away. Then the surfaces was smoothed out, and we started to fill in the nugle rot with greenstuff.

Then we learned to sculpt a face, and to me that was perhaps the hardest part of the day. I have made myself a promise today, and that is not to make heads unless I need to. I might enhance some heads, but creating one from scratch was really hard. I think the other participants made a better job with their faces, as my figure got a face only his mother could love. Still, it looks a lot more human than the original head.

After the head was made and lunch was eaten, we started on making pieces of chainmail, and after that we made the hair. Some of the others went for long hair and dreads, but i went for the Mongolian bucket-cut for my fellow.

The last thing we learned was how to make fur (yes the thing on his shoulders and upper back is supposed to be fur).
I didn't get the fur exactly right, but I learned the technique for making it, and with time and practice I will make it better on other minis.


This heavyset Norseman has lost his left arm, so the chainmail is just hanging loose where his arm used to be. He was a blacksmith before he went to war. He wasn't from a rich family, so he made his weapon from a pitchfork. The pitchfork is made from the shaft from the axe (the part below the hand), then sprue has been cut to make the top half. The little ball is made from greenstuff, and the spikes are the ones that was cut off from the left shouldeguard.
I hope I can field this fellow as a leader of a group of Marauders, but if he looks really out of place with them then i might get myself a unit of Empire Free Company or a Flagellant Warband and chaos them up to fit this fellow.

Ingen kommentarer: