søndag 26. oktober 2014

More scenery for 40K

I did some more scenery work this afternoon. First of all I did some details on my Sanctum Imperialis. I still haven't added the final pieces in the back of the building, and I decided as I worked today that I don't want to destroy the gate. I will find some other rubble to add.

Here is a picture of the Sancum Imperialis seen from above. As you can see, there is a whole roof on the top of the first floor, and then I made one stripe of roof on the second floor as the front wall is intact.


I added some eagle pillars to the corners and one on each side of the gates. I love these eagle pillers...


The balcony looked ok when I left it after I had glued it together, but unfortionately it got crooked while drying, so it's a good thing the second floor is mostly in ruins...


Here you see the entire front of the building. I think it came out quite alright, and I am sure it will look nice after priming and painting.


Then I also built a Basilica Administratum. I only have one of these buildings, so I decided to build it so it looks like the box art. I knew I wanted the chance to have one figure all the way at the top of the bulding as it is quite tall, so I added a floor tile (or roof tile) over the structure and added some wall in front of it. Becaue the building is so battle damaged, I added two Imperial eagle things (same as on the balcony on the Sanctum Imperialis) but decided to give them serious battle damage, One in the back of the picture is cut nearly in half, while the one in the front of the picture is almost completely gone.


This is how the building look from the inside. I have added floorboards from other boxes as I had some left that was already cut to the correct length. I added what floor panels I could to the walls, to get the maximum space available to put minis on at a later time.


The building has two sides, and they are absolutely identical, so here is one side. As you can see I have added some lamps to the sides of the door, and some eagle heads to the second floor. Since it is an Administratum building, I feel it is important that is is decorated.


Here's the best shot of the building. The original building have some nice looking pillars, but I think it is hard to add it in a good way to the panels, so I am considering maybe just adding two eagle pillars from the Sanctum Imperialis box I have left to the corner of the building, and then I will use the beautiful pillars on another building I plan to build.


Ingen kommentarer: