mandag 13. april 2015

Beware of angry dwarfs...

Last week I found a guy on the web that was giving away his Warhammer miniatures and some old White Dwarf magazines.
The way I read the description it looked like it was about 30-40 dwarfs and a few cannons, but when I got everything home yesterday it was so much more.

First it was some very nicely painted Bretonnian knights, and there also was an unpainted metal Lady, sitting sideways on her saddle and a plastic horse that was unassembled. There were also two bases with poles from the men-at-arms or archer set.

I also found a Vampire Counts batallion box, with some skeletons, and what I immediately took for being zombies but might actually be Crypt Ghouls. Still it is a chance that what is in the box now is different from what came in the box originally so I guess I'll find out what it is as painting gets done. The reason I'm thinking zombies is that the weapons on the sprues matches the weapons that the zombies have. Might be a mix, I'll find out for sure as I assemble in the future. Whatever I can build from these sprues I am sure I can work it in to my Chaos warrior army as the mages can summon the dead. And what is more dead than ghouls, zombies and skeletons? This will be really nice sometime in the future...

One little box included several wood elves, and at least one pack of dryads. These are all assembled and looks to be expertly painted. I will not start to play that army, but since the minis are so lovely painted I might keep them either for diorama purposes or just for taking pictures.

Then it was the dwarfs, and oh what a sight... A solid mix of old and new. Some beautiful metal dwarfs and some just as beautiful in plastic. They came in the Battle for skull pass box, so I guess a lot of the plastic dwarfs came in that box. Among the metal dwarfs were some Miners, some Thunderers with really nice weapons, and some cannons and crew.
I just got to brows the content a bit yesterday night, but I will use the afternoon today to look more closely and see what units I have.
Some of the dwarfs were unpainted, some were primed, some partially painted and a lot of them were quite expertly painted.
I have decided that I will not repaint the dwarfs just for the heck of it. If I can create units of the ones that are painted I will use them as is, and then I will do my very best to paint all my future dwarfs up to that same standard.
If the dwarfs can't be used in a unit as they are, I will try to repaint them so that I can add them in to existing units or in new units with the dwarfs I have on my shelves.
I also got some converted dwarfs that has hoods and looks like men of the forest, so they will form a ranger company. I'll see how many dwarfs fit this bill, and if necessary I will try to convert a few more to make up one ranger unit.
But no matter what I end up with I have gotten a lot of very nice models for free, and I look forward to incorporating them in to my throng.

Ingen kommentarer: