fredag 3. april 2015

Whirlwind finally assembled, and some more updates...

At the same time as I built my Vindicator that I finally finished last week, I started on a Whirlwind. This was just partially assembled, and it's been standing on the shelves for a long time. But after seeing the finished Vindicator I was inspired to fix the Whirlwind as well. So this morning I took it down and did the final assembly on it. So it's now ready for painting.
I plan to give it a basecoat of black, and then paint it up the same way as the Vindicator. It will not be as dirty as the Vindicator though, as these vehicles usually stay in the background and send rockets on to the battlefield from a safe distance.
I chose the version with the most rockets, but reading the rulebook I can't figure out what version that is (Vengeance or Castellan missiles). Maybe I'll find it in the older books...

I have also gotten quite a long way with my Grey Knights. They ended up Kantor Blue (the darkest blue in the current Citadel paint range) with gold details, and I think they will be quite cool. I am still working on the fluff as to why they are blue as "i suck at painting metal" probably won't work.
They have all the Grey Knights insignia, so there are no doubt that they are real Grey Knights, it's just that their armour is painted differently.
They are all assembled and painted up, but I need to attach extra stuff like purity seals (I expect they have quite a few) and inquisitorial icons.

My first tree is just missing paint on the top of the leaves (underside is painted) and a wash. The base is almost ready, just need to fix the edge. Before I do that I need to figure out if I want it to be one color (probably black) or if I want the colors on the top to come down over the edge. I am leaning towards the last solution at the moment as I think that will look best when put on a table.

I have also found the other Inquisitors that I have and placed them on their bases, and cleaned them up. Except from one acolyte that is metal, they are all resin. Resin means a lot of cleanup in the beginning and that is done now. I also fixed one more metal Commissar to his base while I was on the roll.

This means I have some minis to spray, so I thought I should take the opportunity to spray some more tanks at the same time, so I think I will assemble the last Demolisher with plowblade, and then I'll see what other versions that comes out of it. I have two boxes of Demolisher bodies, and five (I think) of the regular battletank version.

Ingen kommentarer: