mandag 6. april 2015

Dreadnoughts and tanks

I finished my Eradicator for my Imperial Guard Tank company. It got a lascannon in the front turret and heavy bolters in the side sponsons. After I had assembled that, the tray I keep my tanks on before I spray them was full, so I decided to call it a day.
Still, I didn't want to stop building, so I started on my next Grey Knight project. I wasn't sure if I assembled a venerable or a regular dreadnought, but now I have decided it will be a venerable one.
I decided to use the panels with all the planet names on them, and I would think that a name was added to the dreadnought for each conflict it was involved in, and because there are a lot of planets I figure it has to be a venerable one. This will give me the chance to paint a lot of golden areas, and that will make it stand out from the Dreadnoughts of the Gatekeepers. The venerable dreadnoughts I have for my Gatekeepers use gold and white as detail colors, but the Grey Knight one will just use gold.
The heads for the dreadnought was not the same shape as the grey Knights themselves, oddly enough, but I guess the manufacturer just used the regular dreadnought sprues and put it in a new box. The instructions just said Space Marine Dreadnought. Still I found a head that looked a little special, so I will use that and paint it gold and blue as I did with the heads of my Purifiers.

While I was assembling one dreadnought I figured I might assemble one more, so I found one of my two Furioso boxes, and put together a Librarian Dreadnought for my Gatekeepers. I also looked on the shelf where I keep figures that are bought assembled and projects that are started but for some reason left unfinished and found two bags with Ironclad dreadnoughts that I prepped for assembly a long time ago but never manged to actually assemble. So the plan is to paint up all four sort of like an assembly line, but I will assemble the Ironclad ones on my next sitting.

The Grey knight Venerable dreadnought is missing the head and sarcofagus, but apart from that everything is assembled. The arms are not attached, but they're not supposed to be glued on anyway. The Librarian dreadnought is also armless, but everything else is glued together and ready for painting.

The five Grey Knight Purifiers are all done now. I added some extra details to three of them, and I am happy with the way they turned out. I will go over them to see that everything is painted up neatly before I take pictures of them and post here.

Before I called it a night, I also painted the gray on my first Demolisher. I think I have found a nice paint scheme with black and gray, but that remains to be seen when it's painted...
The idea is that the side sponsons and part of the back of the tank will be black, and the rest will be gray. Then I will take time to paint details like grills and filters in metallic colors and add some rust to the plowblades and maybe some other parts. I think I will try to see how the rust special paint works for this, as I would like to have several techniques to use for my different models.


Ingen kommentarer: