lørdag 24. oktober 2015

Armies on Parade - Part 12

As promised, here are the blogpost with pictures of my board.
I did not win (as expected) but I reached my goal. I got a few votes, and it was not from me as I did not vote for myself. So now I'm looking forward to next years event, and I will plan a new board with a new army. Next year I will have the board ready earlier, and use more time on creating it. Then I will try even harder for a top 3 placement. Now for the pictures:

This is a shot of the entire board with the army lined up. 


Here is the first unit of devastators lined up behind the tank barriers. In time this unit will be extended with five regular marines to make a ten man squad.


Here is the second squad of Devastators. They will also be buffed up to ten men using five regular marines. In the background is the bunker complex. The tank barrier in the front got a little too much rust.


Here is the top of the bunker with a ten man scout squad and the Scoutmaster in the middle. The Scoutmaster is Sergeant Telion, but I have removed the Ultramarines insignias on him.


Here is a better picture of the Scoutmaster. His base is painted up just like the floor of the bunker, but now that the event is over, I will redo the base with Martian Earth like the other scouts.


The bikers are speeding down to take the fight to the enemy. On each side of them the ten man assault squad is moving forward as well.


Here is a detail of the tunnel between the bunker and the tower. This is as described earlier built with plasticard walls and the roof is made of walkways from the Manufactorum set. The ladder and lamp is also from that set. I just had to add a lamp, and I might add more of them to this base in the future...


Here is a detail of the big bush and a trio of snakes. The bush is climbing up the wall to hide that there is a hole behind there as there was so many angles on the tower that I couldn't get the wall to fit 100%.


As promised this morning, here is a pic of the full pipe section.


On the top of the tower the Captain of the 3rd company is standing with the Chaplain to get an overwatch over the battlefield, and with their jump packs they can get in to the fighting where it is needed in a very short time.


And finally a pic of the Hunter standing at the tower base. The Hunter sends out rockets to kill off as many enemies as possible before they come to close.


Ingen kommentarer: