lørdag 17. oktober 2015

Armies on Parade - Part 8

We're one week away from the main event, and things are slowly (painfully slow as a matter of fact) comming together.
The scouts have been glued togehter, except for the one with the rocket launcher, since I discovered I had forgotten to paint the inside of his arms. I will do that, and glue his arms to his torso tomorrow.
Thursday and today I have been sitting for several hours at the Games Workshop store in Oslo to get as much painting done as possible. Sitting at home, it is so easy to get sidetracked to do other stuff like watching tv series or sit by the computer.
Thursday I found the perfect way for making headlights on my bikes, and I will use the same technique for the lights on the Hunter and on the buildings as well as a lamp post I hope to attach to the base.
The mid building is based and painted, both walls and roof, and only missing a final wash before assembly.

I based everything but the characters today, and I managed to make a big mistake with the scouts. My idea was to have them in the low building, and because of that I planned to make the bases similar to the building floor. But instead I managed to base them all with the same paint as the Assault Marines and Devestators. So I have thought up a scheme to make it plausible that they are standing on sand even when they are standing on the building floor. When adding the floor to the structure I had to use a lot of greenstuff, and some of that is visible on the top of the floor. So I will paint that in sand colour instead of trying to hide it, and the story is that there is a lot of sand flying on the planet surface, so there are a lot of sand on the floors. Since it is only on the ground level the wind are as crazy, there are no sand in the high tower.

The bikers will soon be ready, I will paint red stripes on their shoulderguards, so that it is possible to see that they belong to the 3rd company, and then glue them on to the bikes, wash both bikers and bikes with Nuln Oil, make the bike bases and glue them on there and they will be all done.

All the Marines carrying a chainsword will have the black stripes on their swords after the next session with them. Mats at GW Oslo showed me a very nice trick to get straight stipes on the words, so I will find a ruler and a sharp pencil and make stripes to paint along. This will fix my problem of straight stripes of equal size. Then it's just the Nuln Oil wash and they are also done.

The Snipers and Sergeant Telion will have Nuln Oil wash on their blue pats, and Agrax Earthshade (brown colour) wash on their "white" parts.

The Hunter and the buildings will also get the same wash of Nuln Oil, and the low builing will have the few details left fixed.

Ingen kommentarer: