tirsdag 13. oktober 2015

Found a lovely suprise looking for something else...

I was looking for some Ork pieces and stumbled across two plastic bags of Space Marine parts.
Been looking on Forge World now and found out what I have.
One bag is a Space Marine Apothecary set, with two apothecaries with a lot of details. One of them is a MkII Crusade-pattern power-armour, and the other is a MkIV Maximus pattern. So both are older than the standard Space Marine power-armour.
I would really like to build them so that they look great, as they will stand out from the rest of the marines. I'm thinking of grey-white armour, but with blue backpack, boots and helmets. Then I will repaint the one apothecary I have started on, to give him the same look.

The other bag contained another Forge word set, a Legion MkIV Recon Squad with five Marines. They can be armed with shotguns or sniper rifles, and I plan to make three or four with sniper rifles and at least one with a shotgun. Might end up with three sniper rifles and two shotguns, I'll see when I start to assemble them how it will look. I know one of them must have a shotgun as he has one hand down his side so the sniper rifle will look weird.
If I had found them a month ago, I migh have replacesd the scouts with them as they are something that is rearly seen on the tables. But I will not have them painted up to a standard in the time I have left. 
But they will no doubt be a squad in my force for the future. Not sure of what company to put them in though, the logical part would be to call them 1st Company with their MkIV armour, but I'm not sure they will look good with white helmets. So I'll see where I end up when I start to paint.

In the early night the light on my table isn't good enough for painting since I'm sitting on the living room table to work now. So I have taken with me some of the old Ork trukks that I wanted to convert, and I plan to make them in to weapon platforms. Three of them will have launch platforms for the rockets I have bought earlier. The Grot Bombs will fly from the back of the trukks into the enemies they are fighting at the time.
I also plan to use spare guns from Leman Russ tanks to build some guntowers on the backs of some of the trukks but I am struggling with finding a solution for making the walls to make it look "solid".
I need to hide the fact that the guns will not be "attached" to something inside, so I will try and find a solution.

Ingen kommentarer: