fredag 25. juni 2021

Building Goblins

I have started to build my Goblin units, and today I finished the Wolf Riders. They were ten in a box, then I had one Big Boss that came in a blister pack. Also there were three extra wolves with some weird riders that was thrown into the box. The three wolves was larger than the others, but the Goblins were smaller. I was thinking they may have been from the Middle Earth range, but I see now that the Wargs they hvae there looks quite different. These are old though, so they may have changed them in later years. Anyway, I am sure that they are a Games Workshop product, as they had a slot on their legs and the old square slotted bases just like the wolves in the box had. A clue that they were of a certain age was not just that they were on square slotted bases, but also that the bases was painted green.

So to make it all look like one unit, I decided that I needed to boost the regular wolves a bit if I could. Originally the wolf belonging to the leader has armored headgear, but I found I had enough armored heads to give it to all the smaller wolves and I figure that makes them as tough as the big ones in combat.

I decided that I wanted to assemble my Wolf riders as archers, but putting the cog with spare arrows on their backs would hide the nice details and probably be hard to make to stay glued on, so instead I glued them on to the sides of the wolves so the riders can reach behind them when riding and pull out a new arrow instead of grabbing it from over their shoulder. I also had enough left arms holding an arrow to give one to all the Goblins holding their bows in their right. Like the armored wolf heads there was one arm on each set of sprues, so I had an arm for all my regular riders. The Big Boss is a metal figure holding a spear in his right arm and a severed head in th left so he didn't need such an arm. The leader for the ten man strong unit from the box has a sword in his right arm, so he got a left hand without anything in it, same goes for the banner bearer and the musician who holds the banner and a horn in their right hands.

Next I plan to add two metal squig hoppers to round bases, and also some resin Gnarly Cave Squigs. 
When that is done I will build my Goblin Regiment as my next unit, and I will use them together with the box I have already assembled as a forty man strong unit. I had to use three Goblins as wolf riders so the unit will only be thirty-seven strong, but I figue I can find  way to sneak in three bases with something else as unit fillers. Then if some in the unit gets killed in combat I will remove the unit fillers from the tabletop first. I will just have to use my imagination and see what I can come up with.

Ingen kommentarer: