mandag 21. juni 2021

More Sylvaneth and Deathwatch ready for priming

This weekend has been quite productive, and I hope I can be productive for a few days of my short holliday as well.

I have built my Warsong Revenant, and I must say that this was one of the more tricky minis to assemble as there were some parts that was almot impossible to fit together in that exact spot they needed to get to. But it worked out in the end, and I got it on it's base on Saturday. After that I started with my last Treelord on Sunday and finished it this morning by gluing on the owl and a few "flies". 

So as of now all my Sylvaneth miniatures are assembled. Then starts the job with priming and painting, but I need to have some better weather before I can prime as it is raining right now and I need to prime outside because of the fumes from the rattle cans. I might also need to go to the store and get some more double sided tape to use for placing the minis on the cardboard box I use for priming. But I will use what I have first and see how far that will get me.

I have also finished putting shoulderguards on the last 10 Marines of my Deathwatch army (unless there is a box with Space Marines that can not be used as Gatekeepers that I just neeed to have for something else, or some very cool new Deathwatch that is released). The Space Wolves I just finished was part of the box with the new Ghazghkull Thraka model and I got the box to get him. And that is also the same with the last Space Wolf box I got as they were part of a box with another army I wanted. 

Because of them the Watch fortress Alamo Bexar had to add a sixth watch company. This last unit of Wolves were Primaris Marines and they were not supposed to have solid shoulder guards on both sides. They also came with plain shoulderguards as they were supposed to use "stickers" for the Space Wolf symbols and I couldn't have that since all my other Marines in the army has chapter symbols that are made from plastic. So I had to do a lot of cutting on their right shoulders to get them small enough to fit the shouder guards I bought at Games Workshop outside of the existing shouders. On their left shoulders they have the Dethwatch shoulder guards like everybody else in the army, and this is where the Space Wolf symbols were supposed to go originally. I got a new, sharp blade in my scalpel and got to work. I managed to get all the new sholder guards on, but during the process I also cut myself several times in the right thumb, one of the times so deep I had to stop for a while to stop the bleeding and get a bandaid on. These Marines will also be primed first chance I get.

The next thing I have planned to build now is an old campain set with Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines to get that big box out of the house.  And also some units for my Gloomspite Gitz army and Orks as I plan to go to the cabin in Sweden tomorrow to check that everything is ok there, and then I will bring some more stuff back home with me. Not too much though as I have so many things at home to build, but I figure if I bringsomething there to store for a while, I can bring something home to build...

Ingen kommentarer: