tirsdag 22. juni 2021

Goblins for the Gloomspite Gitz army

I was over at my cabin in Sweden today to check that everything was ok there and it was. But while I was there I also rummaged through some of my boxes and brought home some fun.

I took with me two units of Chaos Space Marines (10 Marines in a unit) and a Hellbrute.
I checked what is left in storage for this army, and there is not too much. I have two boxes of terminators, one box of resin Obliterators, two boxes of Raptors (if I remember the name correctly, they are the ones with jump-packs) an Aspriring Champion and then there was one more blister that I don't remember what was.

I also have two boxes of the Horus Heresy boxed set that came out some years ago and I think one of those boxes could be made up as chaos. If they don't look very "chaosy" I will refrain from adding them to this army and instead make everyone up as Gatekeepers, since they have a lot of old warsuits still in use. I plan to bring these boxes with me back home next time I go over.

But it wasn't just Chaos Space Marines that came home with me from the Warhammer 40K range, I also found a box from the Ork range that I took with me. That was a special box with Kaptin Badrukk and his Flash Gitz. I think that box was just available for a shor time, and it contained the Kaptin and ten Flash Gitz and some quite cool looking Grots I haven't seen before. I had planned to have some Flash Gitz in my army, so I look forward to building and painting this box. I also found I had two mor boxes of five Flash Gitz each in storage, so I will at least have twenty of them in my army. I also found one Morkanaut, a box of Boyz, four boxes of Mek Gunz, two boxes of flyers, a Big Mek, a box of Nobz, a box that can be Burnas or Lootas,  two boxes of Big Meks in Mega Armor and finaly two boxes of Deff Dreads with one in each box and a box with two in one box. I also have a box with a Stompa standing  in storage. 

I also went through my Greenskin army and brought with me some goodies to build and paint. What is left in storage now is three boxes of Night Goblin, a few small plastic boxes with Night Goblins with spears from the Battle of Skull Pass starter set (these are monopose figures) and a box of Night Goblins without arms. 
I have lots of spare arms, so adding arms to the ones that are missing them is no problem, although I am sure somewhere there is a plastic box or a ziplock back with their arms. I think I will bring these boxes home with me next time I go to the cabin.
There are also a few weird metal figures that I will take a closer look at. Some of them I believe are old Netters, and some are cool but not from Games Workshop.

What I did bring home though is some blisters. A Goblin Boss on a big spider, a boss on a giant squig, a boss on a wolf and a blister with squigs. I also brought home a bag containing what looks like resin Gnarly Cave Squigs, or something like that. I look forward to putting them together and adding them to the ones I already have assembled. 

The last two boxes I took with me was a box of Goblin Regiment and a box of Goblin Wolfriders. The sprues are identical, in thee boxes, but the Wolfriders have wolves added to the box.
I have started on the Wolf riders first. Tuned out I had three extra wolves in the box, but their riders is either from another range or non Games Workshop so I need to replace them. I have thought a lot on how to do that, and the only solution I can find is to take some of the troops from the Goblin Regiment and turn them in to Wolf riders. This means I will get an odd number of Goblins in the Regiment, but I think that will be the best solution. I plan to use the Regiment box together with the Regiment box I already built as one unit and the numbers will just have to be what I can make them.

For both the Wolf Riders and the Goblin Regiment I will end up with a weird number of troops, so I am thining I could make a few Unit fillers to even the numbers. I am not sure if that is allowed in the AoS rules as of today, but I will check with the staff at Games Workshop Oslo if they recommend doing this or if I should just keep the odd numbers. Not sure what I will end up with for the Goblin Regiment, but for the Wolf riders I will end up with 13 and the normal would be 15. 

Ingen kommentarer: