tirsdag 8. juni 2021

The Sylaneth army is slowly growing

 The Sylvaneth army is slowly growing again.

I have assembled my Ylthari's guardians box with Ylthari and three guardians, and they will work as one unit in my army as they have special rules for hust these four minis. I've also assembled two boxes (five minis in each) of the Tree Revenants that will work as one unit with full command. I have painted up a regular Dryad in the color I want to use for the spirits, and have tried two different colors of washes on it to decie what to use on the minis. I am quite happy with the green now, so the next step is to paint some of it with the color I use for bark, and then a branch will be painted with the yellowish brown I use for young woood as I plan to use that for the hair of my Tree Revenants. I am sure the bark paint will work with the green, but not hundred percent shure the yellowish brown will. But I have to try it to make sure, and if it doesn't work I need to go back to the worktable and think out something else that can look either magical or like wood.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it in the blog before, but the final (for now) three Kurnoth hunters are just waiting to be primed. This gives me a legal unit with swords and a legal unit with schythes. They will grow to six figures in each unit with time, and I might add more units with bows and swords but I think I will keep the Scythes to one unit of six. It's not that they are bad models, it's just that I feel I need more ranged weapons and swords work better with Duardin blacksmiths than schythes do in my humble opinion.

The original Treelord Ancient is built and ready to be primed. He will be the only Treeord Ancient built from the riginal kit, then I have the short but stubby tree from Blood Bowl and I also just got my Treebeard model rom Lord of the Rings in the house.
The Treebeard model was a lot smaller than I had expected, but the parts look great so I am sure it will look amazing. One of the ideas I had thought about was replacing a Hafling with a Duardin, but that will not look good when Treebeard himself is the size he is. So I will build him without anyone ridng on him.
Because the Blood Bowl tree is so short I would love to raise the base to get some elevation and I will see if I can do this with rocks, building up a rock pile, and maybe I will use some cork in the middle to get the right size. I will do some experimenting with the rocks I have and see what I can come up with. The main reason for making sort of a rock pile is to save on the technical paint as I spent way too much on the base of my Sons of Behemat general that I only built with cork.

The final mini I have built for this army is Druanti the Arch-Revenant. This is the only miniature in the range that has wings and can fly. I am not entirely sure how I will paint this up either, but I'm figuring a mix between the regular Dryads and the Tree Reveants, with more green in the bark than the other trees.

What remains to build now is Treebeard and my final Treelord that will be a young lord, then I have built all the minis I currently own, but ths army will grow with time but I don't think I will buy more before what I have now is painted.

Ingen kommentarer: