søndag 22. januar 2023

More dwarfs

Like I have said many times before, my Cities of Sigmar army will have lots of Duardins in it. I will also use the same Duardins in my "classic" Dwarf army as the lore states that the Dwarf keep is close to the city where the Cities of Sigmar army is located.
This week I have armed (pun intended) my armless dwarf unit with axes and shields. I gave the unit a command with champion, musician and standard bearer. I have not glued on the shields, as they cover up a lot of the front of the miniature, but I will prime and paint them separately as I paint up the unit and flue them on in the end. I have decided the unit will be re-primed and painted again.

I have assembled a new unit of 20 dwarfs with command and armed with two-handed axes. I originally planned on having two-handed axes on my Longbeards, but after reading the rules for them in the Cities of Sigmar army I decided they would be better off with axes and shields, so I made this unit with two-handed axes instead.


I also brought with me the remining boxes of warriors from my storage and went through them to see what I had and what kind of units I can make. It turned out a few of the boxes were raided for parts from before and were not comlete. But I think I have managed to put together a good plan on what units to make. I also went through the minis I had in my workbench and set them together in units and the plan is to re-prime and paint them. 
Some of the minis in the drawer are really nicely painted so it sort of hurts me to prime over them, but I will try my best to paint them just as wonderful. This is probably the nicest of them all...


I could choose to not re-paint them, but I have a thing that I want all my minis to be painted by me. Thre are only two exceptions, and that is a Space Wolf Space Marine that I probably will never use on the battlefield as I don't field that chapter, and the fantastically painted Iperial Knight that one of the former staff members at the Warhammer store in Oslo painted. That one will be fielded on the battlefield, but I will make sure people know who painted it if they ask me, and I will not take credit for that paintjob. 

One funny thing with the dwarfs re that they were unchanged through severl revisions. I found three generations of boxes with the exactly same miniatures in them, the only difference was that the newest box had round bases instead of square. 







Ingen kommentarer: