søndag 12. februar 2023

First finished model of the year

Finally I managed to finish painting the first model of the year -  the Mangler Squigs. 

This is the biggest squigs I've made for my Gloomspite Gitz army so far. Originally I thought of having one, but they look so good I might get another so I can build both options.
The paint scheme is the same as for my Boingrot Bounderz that I haven't presented here yet as they are still in sthe state of being painted. If I remember right the squigs and the riders are done, but I haven't finished the bases and a few small details on some of the minis. The bases needs their Stirland Mud/Stirland Battlemire cover, but i have added lots of flowers to the bases that eeds to be painted up.  I thought about putting flowers on this base as well, but I figure the wild, giant squigs have trampled them all down except for the  few mushrooms that came with the set.


There is one goblin sitting on the bottom squig and three on the top one. I love how they look. The one "steering" the squig has the same kind of helmet as the Boingrot Bounderz, and his partner is the comedic sidekick using an old pot as a helmet. Beside them is the Goblin version of Batman hanging on for his life.  


There are lots of cool little details in this set. First up is the cool little Grot that seems to be flung from the squig, or maybe it is some sort of ritual that make him dive off it voluntarily. This is the little chap that broke off during priming, luckily I managed to glue him back on even though it was in a slightly different position. 


There are a few grots on the base as well. This little chap looks like he is running for his life to avoid being trampled or eaten.


While this little one seems like he has all the time in the world to go away with his newly picked mushroom. Let's hope he get away safely to enjoy it.


So this is the first Mangler Squigs I have assembled, but I think I will need to get another one as this set looks so good, and there are two quite distinct ways of setting them up with the chains. I don't know exactly when I will get and build the next box though as I have planty of other stuff I would like to build (and also some I would like to buy) as well. But I promise Iwill post the progress and finished result here when the time comes.

Ingen kommentarer: