lørdag 12. mars 2011

Progress is steady

The Venerable Dreadnought got its final seal today, and will be photographed tomorrow with all 3 different right-arm solutions.
My 6 terminators have gotten the new chapter insignia, and new photos will be taken tomorrow as well.
I have almost finished my Venerable Chaplain Dreadnought, only thing missing now is to paint the Mechanicum symbol on its back and the muzzle of the twin lascannon and the tube from the tank to the heavy flamer.
Everything should be washed and ready, but I will look once more in daylight before I say it's ok. Had a little trouble with the washes blending, never had that before. Probably didn't wash the brush good enough between the different washes in my rush to get it done.
This is the first big resin model I have made and I should be careful to pass judgement after just one, still I found it rather hard to work with. My biggest problems was getting the parts to stay together, also I felt I had to do a lot of carving to get the edges off and the parts to fit snuggly together. I used the normal amount of superglue, and also pinned every piece.
I had some problems earlier, getting the assault drill to stay in its socket, so I ended up drilling through the frames and the drill and then putting a pin straight through the entire thing. With a paintjob after, it is almost invisible.
I also gave 5 veterans originating from the Dark Angels the new chapter insignia and did some general painting on them. There is still a little more painting and washing to do before they are completely done.

I am also writing down the points for the different units and assigning each single miniature to a position in a unit, so that I can recognize them and describe the ones that are special characters or just interesting enough to get a background story. This is also done so that the captains and sergeants can be named and recognized on the battlefield.
Also, it is a nice motivation to see how many points I have ready for action for my new chapter.
After today (if I count the two Venerable Dreadnoughts and the terminators) I have between 660 and 690 points ready for action, depending how I arm the Venerable Dreadnought.
I also have several models painted up but not given the new insignia, and some veterans who is painted up but not yet been assigned to squads. This willl happen in the near future.

Ingen kommentarer: