tirsdag 22. mars 2011

Hey! What's going on?

At the moment, there is only planning activities going on. The Grey Knights will be upon us pretty soon (releasedate is April 2nd) and the latest White Dwarf is full of temptations. This photo is just used for illustration... The former White Dwarf was full of Orcs & Goblins, and last week I finally got around to pick up my new rulebook and my Arachnarok spider from the Games Workshop store in Oslo. This has also made me start to think on how I want to present the units in my Goblin army. I would like to find the combination of cool and classic that allows me to field Night Goblins, Goblins and Forrest Goblins (Spider riders) in a manner that makes them all unique while still appearing as a unified army. I know this isn't the most important thing for gobbos, but I would like to do something for my own part, to recognise the army as mine.

I haven't been able to do much new on my Space Marine army either, as they got stored away when we had a visitor a little over a week ago. Then on Thursday last week the wife came home with a new shower that needs to be assembled, and this came in several large boxes. One of these is now laying on the floor in our living room and blocking my access to the storage box. Last weekend I attended a seminar with my Big Band, as we're having a huge concert the comming Friday, so I wouldn't had the time to do too much anyhow. Hopefully we get to assemble the shower some time this week, so I can spend some time on my minatures this saturday and sunday. I will also continue to group already painted marines in to squads, using the useful tips I got from the GW store. I have bougth a few more minis on Ebay, so some of the units should be filled up. My 6 plastic Terminators will get 3 newcomers that needs to be re-painted (they are red if the pic doesn't lie) and along with my metal terminator captain (might use him as a sergeant depending on if I want him to be captain of 1st squad or not) the unit has 10 terminators and thus makes my weapon choises legal. My 17 Dark Angels are getting 3 robed friends, and hopefully I can field them as one unit of Vanguard veterans and one unit of sternguard veterans. This will depend a little on how many has bolters and how many have boltpistols & chainswords. I wil probably have more of these kinds of veterans anyway, so if the numbers don't add up I can add some more Dark Angels. The idea is that the Vanguard Veterans can join with a chaplain and one other marine to deepstrike in to the game with a Drop pod as a dediated transport as this is a choice available if I drop their jump packs. Then I can get some real Vanguard Vets with jump packs and still explain the difference between them (and that is that the Vanguard vets using the jump packs can't wear their robes)...

Ingen kommentarer: