søndag 6. mars 2011

Project Space Maries

A while back I declared loud and clear that my project this time would be to build one venerable and two ironclad dreadnoughts. The Venerable dread is done, with 3 different configurations for the right arm (as described in previous posts).
But getting started on the Ironclads has so far been a challenge. I have painted the bases and assembled the sarcophagi (except from the power plants).
Then I thought... "Hmmm, while I have the Space Marine colors out, why not do the changing of the chapter insignia on some of my almost finished marines?"
So I started with 7 marines from my 1st company. Changing the chapter insignia went smooth and rather fast. 6 more marines came up from the basement where I usually work and in to the living room (the wife was away for a few days...). Then I thought I needed to repaint the helmets as my marines are descendants of the Ultramarines. Veterans = white helmets.
When I painted white I managed to ruin the red lenses, so that had to be fixed...
Then I brought a command squad up, and started building them from scratch.
And what do you know, on my last trip to the basement 10 more veterans in different stages of completion came back up with me.
So far the first seven veterans are 100% done and ready for combat. I gave them some Asurmen Blue wash over the Ultramarine blue, and some Badab Black for the metal parts, and that did the trick.
The command squad are all partly assembled, all missing their arms and the champion is also missing the head. The Ultramarine Blue and Necron Abyss paintwork is done except for the arms and shoulder guards.
Will do some more tonight, and tomorrow the wife is going out again so the evening will be spent painting while casting a few glanses on some b-movies I have taped from the television this weekend.

I have promised you pics of painted stuff, and it will follow shortly...

Ingen kommentarer: