fredag 25. mars 2016

The chaos army is still growing

I'm trying hard to stick to my plan of building an entire chaos army before I build other stuff. So far it's working out quite ok, but I havent been able to build and paint as much as I would have liked due to other engagements.

Since the last update I have finished the six man strong unit of Mighty Skullcrushers. They are missing the shields and the banner, but that will be glued on after I have painted the beasts and riders. Then I need to glue the beasts on to the bases, but I would like to try and do some work on the bases first.
I had planned to prime them today, but there were not room on the board with all the other stuff I wanted to prime. So they will get primed next time out.

I did prime all the remaining Chaos Warriors today though, and the next step now is to spray the two remaining Khorne Warriors and all the Slaanesh Warriors with Leadbelcher. I hope to do this on Sunday if the weather allows it. If not, I will start to paint my unmarked Warriors (or Slaves to Darkness as they call them these days). I also primed the two sorcerers that I have for the army, and I might have an idea for a third one by doing some converting. All I need is a regular chaos warrior as a start, and I'm sure I can scare one up from somewhere.

I have also done some building today. I finally assembled the last five Blight Kings, so now I have a unit of ten. I will post pictures of them just to show how different they can be assembled.

The coolest thing I assembled today was a Chaos chariot pulled by a Gorebeast. I gave the champon head to the leader of my umarked Warriors, as there were several heads on the sprues, but in the end I ended up using a head from the Knights sprues instead as they looked more commanding.

The next unit to be assembled is a unit of Chaos Knights for the unmarked faction, but it might be more than one unit as I have several boxes of knights laying around so I might do a little production line of them as I do with the chaos warriors. Then after them I will start with the Bloodbound units, and I'll probably do the units in the Age of Sigmar starter set first. If I manage to assemble all the units from that set before I find a buyer for my Stormcast Eternals I can sell the assembly booklet without having to split it between the Stormcast and the Chaos.

Ingen kommentarer: