torsdag 10. mars 2016

chaos in the making

Here is a new update (only text this time) on the army. In the next post I plan to add some pictures, as there has been some progress.

I decided that I wanted to see what a Khorne warrior would look like, so I have taken two warriors from this unit and done most of the paint on them. I see now that the armour plates I painted red are standing out nicely, and is more than enough to show that this is a unit of Khorne Warriors. The washed amour is only visible on the shoulders arms and chest (and the helmet when that is done), and it's quite ok that it is a very pale shade of red. I showed the test model to my wife before I started adding more colors, and she didn't really notice that it was washed red at all until I pointed it out. The wash is a bit more powerful now though, as this was the test with one thin coat. But it still is very toned down compared to the green of the Nurgle warriors. I look forward to see how the green Nurgle warriors will look all painted up, and I think I will have to paint up two test models for them this weekend.

For the Slaanesh warriors I have made a final judgement that I will paint up thirty new warriors in the same way I have painted Khorne and Nurgle. I have not decided on the color to use on the armour plates yet, as the paint I thought I would use was way too pink (one should think the name Screamer pink would give it away...).
The twelve I have now will be the unit called "The Shining" and will be joined by Prince Sigvald the Magnificent (or Exalted Hero of Slaanesh as he is affectionately known as today). Well, my Exalted Hero is named Prince Sigvald and is magnificent, and that's the end of that discussion...

The twelve warriors I'd sprayed and planned to use as Slaanesh warriors have been split fify-fifty between Nurgle and the unmarked. I am missing twelve unmarked to make a unit of thirty, but I have more boxes to assemble, and plenty of spare square bases.
And typing about bases, I have decided to place the remaining thirty Slaanesh warriors on round bases as they do not have to fit in with another unit like they needed before. Also, being on round bases they have more likeness to the Deamonettes of Slaanesh who is already on round bases.

This leaves the unmarked and Nurgle warriors on square bases, but I have more that goes with them on square bases, so I think that will work out nice. The Nurgle Blight Kings are on square bases, and I think I have some heroes on square bases as well. Also all of the Marauders are on square bases, and they will go along with the unmarked.
The Chaos Knights are on both square and round bases, but as long as I keep the units on matching bases, then I don't see that as a problem.

I still need to figure out what to use on the bases, but I guess I'll figure it out sooner or later. I have some ideas for some of the bigger bases, like Bloab Rotspawned, but it depends a little on what I end up with on the small ones. The idea is to keep the bases simple for the rank and file soldiers, and do more with the bases that has more room on it.

Ingen kommentarer: