søndag 13. mars 2016

The weekend in chaos...

I have been busy this weekend building Chaos Warriors. I am happy to say that all Chaos Warriors are ready for painting now. This blog post explains what has been done.
The Nurgle unit is already thirty strong, so I have not done anything with them this weekend. I had originally planned to paint up two of them to see what they will look like, but I'll start with that later.

First up in this post is the two missing Warriors to make the Khorne unit thirty strong. I will prime them and spray them Leadbelcher when I do the Slaanesh Warriors, and paint them up along with the other Khorne Warriors. I have them armed with axes and hammers, as I feel I don't have enough of those lovely hammers in my armies.


This next pic is the remaining twelve Warriors needed to make a thirty strong unit of unmarked Warriors. On the right side you can barely see a few of the six warriors that came to the unit after I split up the original Shlaanesh unit. The remaining six went right in to the Nurgle unit to get that up to number. Hopefully they will get the same deep black colour on them as the others, even though the others are sprayed black while these are silver.
The remaining twelve warriors of this unit are in a box on another table, as they were primed black on Friday afternoon.


Then we have the first of two single characters assembled this weekend. This is a Nurgle sorcerer called a Rotbringer. He is a one-piece resin figure, so saying I assembled it is perhaps a bit misleading. I did cut him off the sprue and did a lot of cleaning up to get him looking his best and fitting his base.


The second single character, I actually had to assemble. This is a Chaos Sorcerer Lord, and I have not decided what part of the army he will join yet. I originally planned to have a few sorcerers in my army, but apart from the Rotbringer above and a Gaunt Summoner, who is a powerful Tzeentch sorcerer, there are no other sorcerer models in the range. I had originally thought I might replace the staff to make different apearances with the same pose, but the staff is attached to the arm, so I'll see what I end up with.


Here are some pics of the headless Khorne Warriors that I have painted up so far. The red plates are washed as part of the priming, but the other colors have not gotten their washes yet.
The scull and the rope it hangs from is not painted yet, I will do that in the near future, so that is is done when the head is ready to be glued on. I will also correct the few spills of paint, like the red on the left hand of the figure in the first pic.
At the GW Store on Satuday I got an explanation as to why the Leadbelcher didn't get as red as I had expected. Turns out the wash is more pink than red, so that explains a lot...



And finally, this evenings work. Thirty Warriors of Slaanesh. To outfit all of them with swords I had to give six warriors swords in their left hand instead of the right (seven if you count the standard bearer, but he is the same in all units in the army). I took some right arms with weapons and cut the weapons away, and I plan to glue shields on the arms like I have done with the standardbearer from the Slaanesh unit that is assembled and painted.


That's all the pics for now.
Before I left my work table this afternon I started to assemble a box of Migthy Skullcrushers. They will be painted up all red, and used as Khorne cavalry. I figure Khorne red for the beats and Mephiston red for the riders to match the other Khorne armour.
There are six beasts and riders in the box, but I have just put together the first of them. I have not added the shield or shoulder guards yet, as I need to figure out if it is a good idea to do this before I paint the red armour or not.

Ingen kommentarer: