mandag 21. mars 2016

Small update

Yesterday I finished assembling the last members of the first unit of six Mighty Skullcrushers for my Chaos army. They will be the cavalry for my Khorne faction, but they will not be very numerous.

I think I will make two units of six Skullcrushers with full command, and one unit of three without command. This will allow me to use the boxes I currently own, one old box of three and two boxes of six.

The beasts are quite big, but still the bases look like they have space for some extra detailing, so I will see what I can think up for them. I recon some technical paint and some grass turfs at least. I am only certain of two things, and that is that there will be no nurgle's rot on the bases, and no wild splashing with blood paint.

The general idea is to paint the riders Mephiston Red. I used that color on the red armourplates on the Khorne Warriors, and I plan to use it on the Bloodbound Warriors as well. Then the beasts will be painted Khorne Red to give a contrast to the rider. I am not absolutely sure about the Khorne Red, but I think it might look good. The only alternative I can see at this time is painting them black, but I don't think that will look the best when the riders are bright red.
Then there will be a lot of gold details to paint both on beasts and riders, and also metal.

I plan to prime them at the same time when I prime all the remaining Chaos Warriors, and then I will paint them up as soon as possible. Maybe in between the Chaos Warriors as a welcome distraction.

The next units to be assembled now are the chariot from the "start collecting"-box, and the last box of Putrid Blight Kings. The Blight Kings will join the five already assembled, and they are the most Nurgly unit I have in the army. I'm not sure what part of the army the chariot will join, but I'm leaning towards using the Goarbeast instead of the steeds, and if I decide on that then the unit will join the unmarked, as a Gorebeast does not fit well with Slaanesh in my opinion.
I am sure I can find another use for the two steeds, pulling something else in the future.

Ingen kommentarer: