søndag 8. juni 2008

First batch of Black Orcs

The first batch of Black Orcs are ready.
They look really mean and ready to go to war against anyone getting in their way.
The orcs are a rather ragged bunch, and you can see this by the patching done to their armour, but still they pack some mean weapons.
I don't imagine the Orcs having too much gold to use on their armour and banners, so I went for Dwarf Bronze. Also instead of painting the sharp weapons Chainmail, I decided to paint them Boltgun Metal to make them look a little blunter.

I have to say that I'm not too happy with these miniatures, as they all look a little hunchbacked. The Orc carrying the banner was so front heavy I had to glue some lead on to the back of the base as a counterweight.
I'm not ready to claim that this hunchbacked look is all because of the way the miniatures are designed, though I think it might be a combination of design and my skills at making miniatures.
I'll do another lot of Black Orcs some time in the future as I have one more box on the shelf, and I guess I'll wait until they are done to decide.

There was a lot of colors used to get these Orcs looking like they do...

The standard armor plates was done Chaos Black, just like my chaos warriors.
The chainmail and weapons were done in Boltgun Metal, as I think they should look a little less bright than the chaos warriors.
The Orc skin was done with dark angels green, as I felt black orcs should have darker skin than goblins and regular orcs.
The teeth, horns and skulls were painted Bleached Bone.
The tongues are Scab Red, and the monsters head on the standard has the same color. The teeth on the monsters head was painted Skull White, as I figured the orcs would have polished them to make them shiny for their standard.
The details on the armor and weapons, as well as the drumstick and the giant scull on the standard are painted in Dwarf Bronze.
For the leather I used Scorched Brown, and the details on the dagger sheads are Commando Khaki.

Ingen kommentarer: