mandag 30. juni 2008

Flakpanzer IV Wirbelwind - Tamiya 1:35

Here is another of my 1:35 dioramas.
I wanted this to look like a scene that could be anywhere in Europe during the last years of World War Two. The Germans changed their color sceme on all wehicles in the winter of 1943 from grey to dark yellow, so this scene would typically be from somewhere between the summer of 1943 and the spring of 1945.
Just like the desert diorama in the last post the base is a piece of wooden shelf with a styrofoam plate glued on top. As I wanted to make a small hill, I glued more styrofoam on a small section of the base and cut it in to the shape I wanted.
Then all the styrofoam was covered with alabaster plaster to make the base. While the plaster still was wet I placed the model on it in a few places to make some tracks from the belts.
I then based the plaster with a sand colored hobby spray-paint, before it was detailed with Tamya acrylic paints (the same type used on the model).
I glued on some small stones before I started to glue on static grass. This was actually my first time using this grass, and it was after watching the end result on this diorama I decided that the best grass was a mixture of the two types. I wanted to make a small stream and some puddles on this base, and the water is made from a 2 component water-system from Red Star.
The yellow bush visible behid the model is made of dried moss.

The model itself is a German Flakpanzer IV Wirbelwind. It was built on the traditional German tank chassis of the Panzerkampfwagen but insted of a tank turret it got an open turret with a flak vierling (flak gun with 4 barrels).
This model is also an out-of-the-box Tamiya model. It was built several years ago and was just standing on the shelf collecting dust before I made this diorama to show it off a little.

Ingen kommentarer: