torsdag 19. juni 2008

New update

My wife had some former classmates from school visiting her yesterday, and this gave me an opportunity to spend some hours down in my basement workshop.
By luck I got some new Spacemarine scouts in the mail just a few hours earlier, so I spent a few hours in great exitement working on those as well as giving another layer of paint to my other Spacemarines.
I also got to glue the upper torso and arms together on my first devastator, but now it seems that he will have a strange twist in his hip because of the big laser cannon he is holding. But I will look into this the next time I get to work (hopefully this weekend), and see if I can make it look a little more natural before I glue the legs on to the body. Also I will have to try and find a solution for this with the next batch of devastators that I build.

The new scouts were real cool, 8 of them are carrying shotguns, 2 are armed with some heavy weapon not yet identified, 2 are armed with bolters and the last one is a sergeant with a bolter and a chainsword.

One of the minis were already painted, and it was really expertly done, however the paint was rather old and had started to chip in some places. For this reason only I will have to re-paint him, but I will wait until the others are painted to see if I can duplicate some of the techniques used. I had not expected to keep the minis in the same colorscheme anyway, 'cause I have to make them fit in to my 2. Ultras, but it sure was nice.

Ingen kommentarer: