tirsdag 17. juni 2008

Status update

Just a quick little note with an update on the miniature front...
The dwarf miners are now almost ready, I just have to paint a few sticks of dynamite, put some dwarf bronze on 2 pick axes and go over the dwaf bodies to fix some minor details after I glued on some extra belt pouches and backpacks.

The Space Marines are almost done too, just have to finish the heads on the scouts and finish the head and glue together the devastator.

On the shelf side, I just bought a boxed set containing four chapter commanders (metal minis)when visiting my local GW store. I also came home with a commander boxed set (resn mini). I look forward to starting on the chapter commanders some time in the future, but before I do that I thought I'll build a few "regular" Space Marines so that the commanders will have something to command...
Also I'm looking forward to receiving a unit of scouts with shotguns that i bought on Ebay.

I just saw a picture of an upcomming scout sergeant to be released later this year (soon I hope...) and that is one mini I know I will get for my collection. Until it arrives i will have to keep making regular troops sergeants by making them look a little older and wiser than the regular forces.

I'm also working on some of the minis from Ebay, to get them painted and off the workbench. My elf archers are coming along nice, but I don't think they will be part of an elf army. At least not in a long while... The empire crossbow-men are almost ready for detailing, I just have to figure out what color I should use on their headgear (the ones not wearing helmets). Also I have to do a few more layers of white, to paint over the red gore on those places where I applied this a bit "wide"...
The oldfashioned chaos warriors have not been started yet, but I look forward to starting on them some time in the near future.

Ingen kommentarer: