tirsdag 8. juli 2008

Elves - first miniature

There's lot of first miniature posts going on at the moment...
This is one of a batch of very old Elves I bought on Ebay. They are probably dating as far back as first or second edition of Warhammer as they are from 1984. They were primed when I bought them, but the color scheme is my own. This model is just missing the eyes and the finishing protective coating. I plan on doing the eyes when I have a little more practice...
As with the goblin I made the base all covered in turf. I figure the elves are a race close to the nature so that would look quite nice.
I don't really know if red is a good color for elves or if it shuld be more of an earth tone thing. But since my dwarfs are blue I wanted some different color on the elves and even though it looks a little christmasy I still think it looks nice.
The main color is Blood Red
The chainmail coat and helmet are Mithril Silver
Details on the bow, helmet and belt are Shining Gold.
Leather parts (a pouch and the boots) are Vermin Brown as I figured the Elves would have soft leather.
The bow is a wooden one and painted Scorched Brown, as are the shaft of the arrows.
Face and hands are Elf Flesh (as expected on Elf miniatures).
Arrow feathers are Scull White
The arrow pouch and the wrist supports are Dark Angels Green.
The hair is Bronzed Skin.

Ingen kommentarer: