fredag 11. juli 2008

Me - a nerd...

Ok, I admit it... I am a nerd! There is no doubt!
This is the Warhammer 40.000 5th edition rulebook. It was released at midnight, and I was on my way home with this book and some minis 30 minutes later. This is the first time I've ever done something like this, and I think it is a worthy cause...
I had my wife with me to the store, and I'm pretty sure she was the only female there. The majority of the bunch of assembled boys were pimplefaced teenagers, but I was glad to see that there were some gamers at my age too. It was also cool to see two youngsters of perhaps 10 that was there to buy the book (just like me) and to game. I take my hat off to the two dads that was there along with their sons to let them have this experience and play with the big boys. It was nice to see the exitement in one of the boys' eyes as he watched the armies of some of the more mature players as they brought out their scratchbuilt models of all shapes and sizes.
I didn't bring any of my stuff, as I don't have an army of anything yet. But with this book I might be able to put together a Space Marine army that can pack a solid punch. I can take the time to read the actual rules of the game, and perhaps I will learn what all the numbers and stuff in the codex book realy means...

The new sets for the shelf is Space Marine Scouts (think I have enough scouts now...) and for the regular Warhammer I bought Night Goblin Fanatics, Night Goblin Squig hoppers and Night Goblin Squig hearders (what can I say, I really got a crush on those squigs).

Also I got a load from Ebay today, consisting of 20 Goblins with spears, 20 Goblin archers and 15 Dwarf Miners. All groups with command. Only drawback was with my dwarfs, where 8 of the bases was damaged beyond repair so I will have to get me some new bases next time I'm at the Games Workshop store.
Also I got two minis I haven't placed yet, but I think one of them is a snotling on stilts. The other one looks like a cross between a Ku Klux Clan member and a magician. Will have to check the Ebay description tomorrow.
Edit: Ebay desc. didn't give out anything, so they are still a little mystery.

Ingen kommentarer: