mandag 14. juli 2008

More for the shelf

Me an the Mrs. took a trip to Sweden on saturday, and that was a great chance to buy even more miniatures (what can I say, the price was a lot lower than in Norway).
Bought me a Space Marine Chaplain on Bike, another set of Night Goblin Fanatics, and a Goblin Doom Diver. The Doom Diver is a crazy mechanism built for giving the goblins the chance to use aerial attacks. To me it looks like a kamikaze project, and from the description it also sounds like this... "The Doom Diver Catapult is a torsion powered device much like a Rock Lobber or Spear Chukka, but instead of firing rocks or spears it is designed to launch Goblins. These Goblins are equipped with crude, folding wings which enable them to stay aloft for a short time before plunging back down to earth. This technique was developed to provide Greenskin tribes with a form of aerial reconnaissance. Early aeronaunts were given bits of slate and chalk on which to sketch enemy troop dispositions. As few Goblns survived the rather sudden landing, this was felt to be the only way of recovering the information they had gleaned. Unfortunately the idea wasn't a great success as most slates were found to bear a hastily scrawled message along the lines of "Yahooooo!" or "wheeeee!"
It was soon realised that Doom Divers were more effective as missiles.
"
I look forward to building this metal boxed set in the future.
I have already started to assemble my Night Goblin Fanatics, and I have about a 100 other goblins that are standing on the workbench ready to be painted. I think I see the beginning of an army...

Ingen kommentarer: