mandag 7. juli 2008

First Dwarf minis


Some of the first miniatures I painted was two Dwarfs I bought on Ebay. I have no idea what kind of unit they originally belong to, only thing I know is that I bought them as a standard bearer and a musician.
I think they turned out nice, and it gave me an idea for my future Dwarfs. I decided that all my Dwarfs should use Regal Blue as a uniform color. This was recommended for my Miners when I bought them, and I will also use it on the remainder of my Dwarf army. I have a box of Warriors, a box of Thunderes (will be built as Quarrelers) and the before mentioned Miners. Also I have 15 Miners (at least that is what the description said) on the way in the mail from Ebay (seems I spend a little too much time and money on Ebay...)
The Dwarfs are metal miniatures and are marked GW, but I haven't found them in the current line of Dwarf miniatures so I guess they are some years old. Still they look nice, and that's the only thing that matter to me...
The chainmail is painted Chainmail
The "jackets" are painted Regal Blue
The helmets, "shoulder pads", the drum and the fine work on the axe are all Dwarf Bronze
The hair and beards are Vermin Brown
Skin is painted Dwarf Flesh (what else did you expect on Dwarfs...)
Drumstick and weapon is Boltgun Metal
The feathers are Scab Red as I wanted a dark red to go with the dark blue
The drumskin is Bronzed Flesh
And finally the Standard is Scorched Brown with the head painted Shining Gold.

The bases are fine aquarium gravel and static grass.

Ingen kommentarer: